my C drive is taking a nap... help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lord_jinnai

Beta member
Ok most of you guys are going think I am a grade schooler or a virgin newbie. the second part is correct.

my problem is this... My computer was built by a friend of mine and he installed two quantum fireball drives and split window between them so they would both be functioning simultaneously so I got the benefit of 8 gigs.

I bought a new hard drive with about 80 gigs and disconnected one of the hard drives and connected the new seagate.

after a lonnng start up time I found that there was no new hard ware detected by my win xp. and even in control panel I was not able to get it installed.

so I dissconected it and connected the older drive. and this time my older drive was not there either.
now this is bad because this drive has all my sons baby photos and my game design software on it. My e drive can so far only do internet ... thats about it.

can someone lend me a hand?

make sure the main drive you are using that has windows xp on it is set as master, and the one w/ photos etc. on it is set as slave. On the harddrive itself it usually shows on top the configuration that you have to move the jumper to be slave/master

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom