my base unit sounds like a HELICOPTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbwest

Baseband Member
I suppose to any 5 year olds reading this, it may sound *cool* but im not too keen on it. it's a AMD athlon 2100xp with 512 DDR ram. nearly 3 years old. Any ideas what this maybe. My computer also CONTINIOUSLY has faults and runs very slow. restarts itself and after a while COMPLETELY refuses to start!!! i've re-installed EVERYTHING and formatted the C drive more than once. Still no luck? any idea what the problem is? need more RAM maybe?

I thought it could be viruses but i have AVG and norton internet security and it is still happening?

Could it be a permenant hard disc problem??

Is it better to just upgrade (even all, motherboard, proccessor and RAM) than to buy a new base unit??

any help would be GREAT, thanks in advance ;)

Don't waste money replacing everything, it more than likely to be your hard drive. 512Mb Ram is more than enough and your processor is pretty decent so its not going to be them.

As for the noise, its either your hard drive, case fans, or cpu fan. Open the case and clean all of your fans with a vacuum or an air gun but not a too powerful one.

But seriously mate, don't waste your money on components that dont need replacing, save it and buy a nice hard drive or case.

did u build or was prebuilt? u could open it up and check the positions of the fans and make sure they are rubbing on a wire for example, try listening to it closely with the side off see where most of the noise is comin from and thatll tell u

prebuilt, it is on warranty so im sending it back for a week, really cant be bothered but was just curious, i have tried everything but now i just wanna send it back and get it fixed.
Also im quite new with all of this.
might try opening it, thanks for the tip.
It also seems to slow down a LOT when i install internet security, i have a feeling i may need m0re ram to have it running all the time as it is now.

If its under warranty dont mess with it, be careful what you do. Lots of stupid things can void your warranty. My parents had a Vaio with the Best Buy warranty and they had that thing fixed and replaced so many times. THey just even got a new monitor for it. I upgraded it and was kinda scared, but they didnt seem to mind.

I am also now an "Ultra Techie", that means I'm really smart so whatever I say is true. Apparently I'm not quite as smart as folks like Nubius or ANd_You_Are.

helicopters r teh c00lz0r ;)

nah, if under warrenty... get it checked by the company... it could either be your HD, A fan in your system or a CD drive... My CDRW makes a hell of a noise sometimes!!!

good luck, hope you get it sorted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom