my ati radeon 9600 xt 256 mb vid card ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

æArchOAngelæ

Daemon Poster
i bought it awhile ago actually christmas of 04 then when i install it, it doesnt work, well it does but it has these weird blocks thats make lines that across the screen screen shot this is the one from when it first happen. so i imediatly took it out and figured static? then cleaned it and put in anti static bag, grounded myself and put back in motherboard, did same thing, i gave up after several atemps and reinstalling of the drivers and updates. about a month ago i put it in again to see if it worked. all and behold it did. then just yesterday it did it again with the lines. why? i oculdnt return it because when i bought it the card didnt have a serial number or pin number on it. so i couldnt ask ati about the problem, you cant ask them anything without a p/n or a s/n. so i came here to you again please help this dilema which has plagued me for so long. i bought it for alot of money (at least to me) and i dont have any money to buy a new card, well i shouldnt have to if it worked.

running win XP sp 2
on a samsung 17'' lcd with 8.0 ms response.
pentium 4 2.7 ghz
512 corsair ram
and a biostar model? mobo

thanks
Spinks
aka fuzzy slippas

could be a bad card, you may want to try a driver clearner then install the latest drivers. Do not install the drivers off of windows update, they usually break your system.

If all else fails try a bios flash, and firmware update (get lots of help on that as it will make your computer and vid card into paper weights if you do it wrong)

i was looking for a under clocking tool from ati but it seems as if they took it off. anyone know where i can get the underclockin tool? and another odd thing is that the card has a fan on it and a big heat sink thing on it but it doesnt have addition power where as all the other crads ive seen of had that have had a fan on it require a power connector. i even bought a new mobo for it. my previous had 4x agp so i bought an 8x agp no difference. yeah id rather not try to use that driver cleaner seeing as i am not all that good with computers but i know enough to build one and know its compatibility which is fairly easy. i dont want to make a mistake and take on he job of making my computer a paper weight. any other ideas or answers? is the overheating a possibility?

id like to add that my desktop is fine after changing resolution then going back. its only after i open a folder it does that. or when i start a game. even the smallest of games, condition zero. but it seems to work fine on 16 bits on my desktop i can open folders and do normal things except play games. but when i have it on 32 bit when i open a folder it meses up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom