My athlonxp 2400+ cpu won't make up its mind! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2005, 12:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default My athlonxp 2400+ cpu won't make up its mind!

I am having massively confusing cpu problems. I just built my computer and have a lot of experince doing this sort of thing, and my computer technitian guy couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. I have a N2U400-A motherboard by EliteGroup, nvidia nforce2 400 ultra chipset, AMD Athlon 2400+ cpu, 3 pc2700 ram and a 400watt power supply. Each time I boot up my computer, the cpu speed is either 1700+ or 2600+. I used cpu-z for each one, and the multiplier seems to switch in between 11X and 16X. I have my fsb set at 133mhz, and sinked with my memory speed, (and or spd). Anyway, if I change the FSB to anything else, it doesn't boot, and I have to use the jump thing to clear the CMOS. Also, (this is a real kicker) you can't change the multiplier or the voltage usage. Fun!

So, if anyone out there has any ideas, (rather than buy a new computer) what could I do to fix this problem?

Thank you all!

Old 04-03-2005, 12:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS

Your unlucky that your does not change the multipliers. Try a program like clockgen from

Old 04-03-2005, 12:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Ok, so, this will let me change my clock rate? and dont you find its odd that it changes at will?
Old 04-03-2005, 12:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

And also, I just tried the clockgen program, and it only lets me change the agp, not the fsb, and nothing else... Ideas?
Closed Thread