My athlonxp 2400+ cpu won't make up its mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glj12

Solid State Member
Hi,
I am having massively confusing cpu problems. I just built my computer and have a lot of experince doing this sort of thing, and my computer technitian guy couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. I have a N2U400-A motherboard by EliteGroup, nvidia nforce2 400 ultra chipset, AMD Athlon 2400+ cpu, 3 pc2700 ram and a 400watt power supply. Each time I boot up my computer, the cpu speed is either 1700+ or 2600+. I used cpu-z for each one, and the multiplier seems to switch in between 11X and 16X. I have my fsb set at 133mhz, and sinked with my memory speed, (and or spd). Anyway, if I change the FSB to anything else, it doesn't boot, and I have to use the jump thing to clear the CMOS. Also, (this is a real kicker) you can't change the multiplier or the voltage usage. Fun!

So, if anyone out there has any ideas, (rather than buy a new computer) what could I do to fix this problem?

Thank you all!
Glj12

Your unlucky that your does not change the multipliers. Try a program like clockgen from cpuid.com

Ok, so, this will let me change my clock rate? and dont you find its odd that it changes at will?

And also, I just tried the clockgen program, and it only lets me change the agp, not the fsb, and nothing else... Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom