My APC battery backup doesn't seem to be working...

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckman341

In Runtime
My model is "Conext 900VA w/ AVR Battery Back Up." now i know it says "conext" but supposedly its made by APC. i'll be damned if i can find any product support at APC's website though. here's the best i can do for a description of the product...

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=282177&pfp=cat3

anyways, on to the description of my problem . basically, the battery backup part of the device never works, ever. i have lost power at my house at least 4 or 5 times since purchasing this thing and it has never ONCE kicked on and kept my computer running. what it does instead is beep loudly until i turn it off or power is restored.

while it is plugged in, like right now, it seems to be running normally. the green button in the upper left is lit that says "battery backup ready." there is no warning light for bad site wiring and no warning for a dead battery. if i unplug it and leave it unplugged for a while and then plug it back in the orange "charging" light will come on for a few minutes, then turn off. there isn't too much stuff plugged into it, i mean its supposed to be a 900 va battery, should last a while. but it wont even run a lamp.

anyways, i was hoping someone with more battery backup experience could give me an idea of what may be wrong. or maybe even point me in another direction to look for help.

thanks for reading!

-B

brinks said:

thank you for your reply. i did check that site for some answers before posting but i couldn't find anything remotely related to my problem. i did a search for "all" of thier products and then tried to refine my search to just MY model. my model only had 2 question-answer's haha. maybe my model just bites the big one.

im going to go ahead and send a question to them via thier web interface and see if i get a reply.

also: i pulled out the battery (again) to ensure that it was plugged in properly. red to red, black to black, its in there solidly. its pretty idiot proof, its just an empty box with 2 wires to plug into the battery.

don't know...never dealt with them....can't say that reading this will sway me to purchase one in the future =P but yeah maybe its just a defective part? About all I can think of. Like you said you're doin, just contact them about it and try to get an RMA or something.

ADDED TO THREAD BY VADERPRO:

My APC UPS/battery 350 wont install and isnt recognized by my PC. Its powering my system etc, but when the lights flicker in my house so does my PC. I have tested the battery and circuit breaker and they are both fine. The message reads when I try to install the software:

"the installer is unable to locate an APC battery backup connected to your computer. Please check your usb connections and try again....

APC products are crap. Do not buy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom