My 6800 GT and PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
unlocking the pipelines would give you 16 pipelines, like the 6800gt does.

Shouldn't be any more dangerous than overclocking. I found out about it from Ohgrfreak in a pm (I realise the link doesn't work, but you can get newer versions from that site)

How to unlock those extra pipes to get the Ultra's 16. First of all, if you get artifacts or any obvious mess', there is a "set to default" setting on the following program you can simply click. Now, this is not my original work, I forget who sent it to me, but here it is:

first u need rivatuner 15.2 which can be downloaded here

http://downloads.guru3d.com/downloa...2d49e3dcfc0e6aa

scroll down and click "I Agree"
the download should start
after its finished, install it
once it is installed, click Start, Programs, Rivatuner, Rivatuner
under Target Adapter click Customize, then click on the Graphic Card
Click NVStrap Driver
Click Install
At the Bottom Check Allow enabling hardware masked units
Click customize
Then Checkmark the 2 Bit xx that say disabled
ok.....ur done...restart windows and run a 3D intense program........if it has a lot of artifacts......it didnt work and u have to change back.....

-----------------------------------

I would make sure you have a good psu first though.

That is definatley worth $100 dollars less lol for 128mb memory, which is more than enough.

ok, did some benchmarks and scored about 4080 which is similar to people with a 6800 (standard) and using the same spec as me. DAMMIT! Extra £100 for a 'GT' that is standard. So, thats why I am emailing Asus and warning them of a Trading Standards breach. Is there anything i should know before i start *****ing to Asus? i.e, what is it that makes a GT actually a GT. I don't want to start an argument which will end in me losing :D

There you go my 'lovlies'. The exact spec of the Asus V9999999999.9999 6800 GT

asusgpu9qj.jpg

asusgpu9qj.jpg

Well a few things

#1: A GT is supposed to have 256 of ram, having 128 hinders the crapsus cards ( I think this card is a 128 )

Also keep in mind that your probolly comparing to overclocked cards

Does yours have 256 or 128?

Remeber the cards your comparing too are most likely overclocked as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom