My 6600GT Sometimes Displays Weird Colours

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisgill369

In Runtime
Earlier i was playing HL2 for a bit over and hour and it started to display random brightly coloured dots and lines. Up until that time it was perfectly fine though. What do you think it could be?

System Specs
Amd64 3000+
Asus A8V Deluxe
6600GT
512MB RAM
Raidmax 420W PSU.

Could it be that my PSU isnt up to it? But then wouldnt it be affected from the start of play?

Thanks for any help :)

Sounds like your GPU is overheating to me.

Have you done any overclocking on your card? If so, undo it.

Take the side panel off your case to get some additional airflow in there.

Check your Forceware control panel to monitor your temps.

I havent done any overclocking myself but the card came from the manafacture with a slight overclock (its a BFG card). I didnt know i could check the temp of my graphics card but i will check it out now. When playing HL2 my CPU temp is about 44 and the motherboard is less than that (about 35 or something).

edit: I cant find a temp reading for my card. I went do display properties and then advance and the nvidia forceware thing came up but theres no temp reading on any of the screens :confused:

Are you using Forceware 77.72 (the latest version)? If not, dl it fom nvidia.com. There will be a 'Temperature Settings' section.

Weird. Try re-installing Forceware from scratch and see if it fixes it. Otherwise, your card doesn't support a temp probe (highly unlikely).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom