Mushkin Black LVII BH-5

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaara

Fully Optimized
If you're looking for RAM, I suggest you give these babies a good hard look, they are cheap, and they clock like mofos. I've seen a 2x256 kit of these running 270MHz with 1.5-2-2-5 1T at 3.78v. You obviously need a strong PSU, a nice fan blowing over these, and a DFI board with JP17 2-3 enabled, but it's well worth the cost.

This stuff is rare but shows what the BH-5s can do with some voltage through them.

I think I might get some BH-5 chips to play with when the bigger modstream gets out, they sound absolutely orgasmic.

Nice...sounds good, thanks for the info. I was looking into the Corsair XMS for my new rig.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna get some BH-5s in the next few weeks so I can see how they compare to the Rev2s plus the lanparty has a lot of love (and voltage :p) to give. I'll probably get myself some OCZ VX chips unless I can find something else local...

Can the plat rev2 it 2-2-2-5 at 230ish to 40ish fsb on 2.8 volts? I heard that TCCD could only go higher in speed if you relaxed the timings, but I'm not sure. I searched the net and found only people boasting about 300mhz at 3-3-4-8 or something like that, but couldn't find anyone who posted 2-2-2-5 at 230-40ish fsb at 2.8 volts.

Just wanted to ask because I recently purchased a sempron and epox nf3 250GB for my friend and wanted to oc it. I haven't purchased the ram yet, and my friend says he was willing to pay the premium for high quality ram, so I was looking into the rev2s. Sorry if this is off topic, but it just came into mind. Thanks for answering if you answer.

Btw sweet timings and speed lol.

Memory varies but the general rule of any memory is that you have to loosen timings to increase speed. TCCD is simply better because it can do tighter timings than other chips at the same speed so has more headroom and can reach higher speeds.

I really like the looks of Winbond BH-5s, they are cheap, and especially if you can supply them the volts, you can tighten back up timings by increasing vDIMM despite higher speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom