Multiple problematic cases (network, laptop, camera, mobile phone, external hard drive)

Stybos

Beta member
Hey, I have some problematic situations, any help would be appreciated here.

I've a home network, which is a 4G wireless router (Huwaei B593 Router). My apartment has two floors, on upper floor I've Netgear network strenghtener (WN2500RP), from which there's network cable plugged in my SmartTV (D-model), not sure if it has Wifi feature. I also have an external hard drive (GoFlex Home 2TB), which was originally obtained for backup purposes.

Problem:

I have had problems setting the automatic backup in my laptop, because the external hard drive appears in the network randomly, due to non-static IP address. Automatic backup should work without me having to plug the cable between my laptop and the external hard drive. Also, the idea is to connect TV directly to the hard drive, so I could save TV recordings in there as well.

I've printer/scanner (Phaser 6180MFP), which is plugged to the 4G wireless router with network cable. I've got it somehow to appear in the network, so printing is possible.

Problem:

Scanning works wirelessly to my laptop's directory, but due to previously set settings, the scan shows fixed IP address. In current network my laptop's IP adress constantly changes as I turn on my laptop. Something has to be done to this as well, how to set a static IP address? Even better, if scanned files would have been saved directly to external hard drive.

In addition, I own camera (Samsung WB850F) with Wifi feature.

Problem:

I want photo transfer to be automated to the external hard drive. My phone is Samsung Galaxy S2, which I want to work as a distant-controller with the camera (for instance, previewing photos). Also had problems with Samsung Kies service to work wirelessly via my laptop and phone. Any suggestions?

hard drive appears in the network randomly, due to non-static IP address
192.168.1.1 - router's IP -> IP and MAC binding. Storage should have MAC address add it here and assign any internal IP address.
Something has to be done to this as well, how to set a static IP address?
Laptop -> run -> CMD -> getmac -> IP and MAC binding
For now that's all, hope it help :D

Back
Top Bottom