Multiple monitor same display?

Status
Not open for further replies.

techonova

Beta member
I have an hp workstation with a video card with two DVI outputs. I need to view the video output simultaneously on two TFT monitors that have only DVI inputs. A suggested solution is to get a 1X2 DVI splitter. Is such a thing available in Delhi and where? What is the likely cost? Is there a liklihood of any signal loss on splitting? What will be the solution for that?
If it is necessary to know then one of the monitors will be approximately 3-4 mts from the cabinet.

For some peculiar requirement I wish to keep the monitor, keyboard and mouse approximately 8 - 10 mtrs from the cabinet. Wires need to be drawn as bluetooth, wifi are not the allowed solutions. What must I do?

Thanx in advance

use both outputs from the video card with a standard dvi lcd monitor and clone the outputs..... you can do this either by the videocard software or my personal favourite using ultramon which is by far the best multi-mon app you can get the free trial which is 30days I think or acquire through less legal methods :)

Thanx Salty
It worked like a dream!! U did set me on the right track. Ultramon and maxivista demo did not have the cloning/ mirror facility but tweaking videocard settings worked.

How about helping me with the next query?
I want to extend the standard 2 mtr keyboard and mouse cable to about 15 mtrs. What should I do?

You can buy PS/2 extenders for that purpose. If they're USB, though, I'm not sure how long of an extender you'll be able to find.

ultramon can clone I am doing it right now................... nvm though if you videocard standard software can there is obviously no issue.

why do you want to have two images displaying the same picture???

I would use a wireless keyboard for thos sort of distances as people tend to trip on cables if trailed along the floor :)

Thanx Greg, BMX,
will try that and report back.

Salty,
something wrong with my downloaded copy of u'mon. Two monitors same image - one for an operator and the other on the larger screen for the presentation. Thanx for the assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom