Multiple CPU with one monitor!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

swinghead

Banned
Hi folks...

I have a problem here. Can anyone suggest some means to solve it..
I have a small desk with two CPU and a monitor.
I had my old CPU working well of course but i got another one from my frnd :))
yahoooo. But his monitor is a crap and so was I/P devices. So I just din't care to bring it home.
And now i need to connect these two CPU to the same monitor and the keyboard and the mouse. I am having CYBEX SwitchView.
The problem is i do not know how to proceed.
Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Cheers,

Yep $35.00 I was getting ready to get one.It will let you hook your mouse monitor and keyboard to 2 computers.You can just switch back and forth with a key stroke.

Sorry for the delay in replying back.
But how do we know the Keys to be used to switch to the different systems?

swinghead said:
Sorry for the delay in replying back.
But how do we know the Keys to be used to switch to the different systems?

Should tell you in the instructions or on a sticker on the back of the unit or it may have a button right on the unit to use.

You can try ctrl, ctrl, enter that's what my switch uses.

Josh

thanks any way,
but unfortunately do not possess product manual since it was obtained form one of my friend. And ther is no label with this info.
As you have told the push-button does work perfectly.
Thank once again but i need the key strokes for making ti user rather than leaning over every now and then.

You need a KVM switch. I have one and I'm using the same kb, mouse, and monitor for four pcs. I think there is a KVM switch that comes with a built-in router so the internet connection is split between the 2/3/4 computers.

Thanks Megadeth2. But i guess u dint get me.
I had mentioned earlier that i have a CYBEX( which i now known as Avocent) Switch is indeed a KVM switch. Th eproblem i had was how to connect and how to find the hot keys used to switch between the different systems.
But thanks for ur advice.
And just to let u guys know. I have understood which the hot keys are.The product manual as such was given(as PDF file) in the Avocent site.
The hot key used :- Ctrl+Ctrl+ the port name into which the system is connected on to switch box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom