MSI motherboards - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2004, 12:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Default MSI motherboards

I have kind of a general question for everybody that uses this forum. I was looking through the posts, and saw that Ram2453872 was having problems with his MSI motherboard. I built a computer a couple of months back that has given me nothing but headaches, and I put a MSI motherboard in it. While my problems aren't directly related to the motherboard (sometimes they were user error), I was wondering what kind of experiences other people have had with MSI.

Old 02-05-2004, 12:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

ive had some trouble with my MSI (mainly that the drivers arent available for the Intel ICH5R raid controller that it uses) but they are great boards

anyone know where to get the drivers for the ICH5 Raid? or the MSI 875P-NEO FIS2R MOBO? i really need em, I been trying to get ahold of em, theyre pretty scarce, lol

Old 02-05-2004, 03:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master Techie

I have one MSI machine and have never had a problem with it. Could be a fluke but who knows...
My main trouble boards are ABIT. Bought 5, 4 of which were bad on arrival and one died after 6 months. So I don't buy Abit anymore...

My 2 Cents
Old 02-05-2004, 05:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Monster Techie

i got msi board best ive had. no problems.

avoid ecs with live had K7S5A and doesnt like more than 256 ram :S makes it crash, still crashes with that much in.

friends all got msi no1 had a problem ever
Old 02-06-2004, 09:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I dont think it is msi boards just luck. some stuff just comes jacked up others dont. I replaced my board and it works great now, my computer is running smoother and better looking then when i first put it together. Also my friend got the same board i did when i went to get mine and his never caused any problems allthough his processer came messed up and he replaced every part in his computer until he found out it was the processer.
Closed Thread