MSI Mega PC (TVPC) - Does not work. Please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sukesh

Beta member
Hi,
I recently purchased a MSI TVPC barebone-1 system with MS-6760 motherboard. I added the following

Processor - P4 3.06 GHz
Memory - 512MB, 333 MHz
Hard Disk and DVD writer

When I power up, the LCD back light turns on and the LCD shows some graphics. The green lignt on the Hi-Fi power button also lights up.

When I turn off the Hi-Fi and turn on PC, the green LED on the power button turns on but nothing else works. The power supply fan turns ON but the CPU fan does not. I dont see any activity on hard disk or DVD drive. Noting in the monitor either. The system is stuck in this mode and I cant power off until I pull the plug.

Can anyone please help me on this!!!

Thanks,
Sukesh

Hmmm, so you turn it on and get power to the system but nothing happens? Generally that's a sign of a bad CPU or bad motherboard. If you have a spare of either, all you can really do is try swapping out parts. Perhaps the motherboard is grounded to the case and shorting out.

Hi There,
As u mentioned, the motherboard was bad. I got a replacement with Mega 865. This system is working ok except for one problem.

If I turn on the PC with a CD or DVD in the drive, I am able to explore the CD/DVD and able to watch movie or install application. If I replace the CD/DVD, windows is not able to read it anymore. Windows explorer hangs if I click on CD drive. It starts working again after I restart. Its like every time I chnage the CD/DVD, I need to restart the PC !!!

I have a BenQ DVD writer in the system. MSI recomends to use their own MSI optical drive for mechanical compatibility. With BenQ drive I dont see any other issues except changing disks.

Please help!

Thanks,
Sukesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom