::MSI K8T NEO:: Best MOBO? (AMD64)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ag3

Fully Optimized
I was going to purchase the Gigabyte GAK8N Pro ($175), and I was told that Gigabyte based their boards on the AMD Architecture, therefore it would not support the Corsair CMX PRO (PC3200) to its full potential (it doesn't support that low of latency).

They told me to go with the following board:

AMD64 S754 MSI 6702-010 K8T NEO-FIS2R
(http://205.134.180.50/products.php?cat=295)

They said that the MSI will fully support the Corsair CMX PRO to its full potential.

My question is... How is MSI? Are they comparable to Gigabyte, or better? And is the board (link above) any good? If not, who would make the best boards for the AMD64? I am trying to get the best stuff, to build the best gaming system.

Thx so much in advance. I am going to be buying the parts very soon (today), so plz respond ASAP. Thx again.

Could you explain why the gigabyte won't use the corsair to its fullest potential (and is it all the corsair memory or just the type you mentioned)? I was thinking of getting that same gigabyte mobo with the corsair XMS extreme memory... but I certainly don't want to spend that much on memory and have it not work as well as it could. Thanks.

First of all, it is only the Corsair XMS or CMX Pro. The reason is because Gigabyte based the motherboard on AMD64's original architecture and was not designed to handle such low latencies at the time. It will still run the XMS/CMX, just not as fast as it was ment to.

The MSI and Abit motherboards can run it to its full potential, however they are a bit more expensive (about a $100 more (cdn)). But in my opinion it is well worth it, as the motherboard is one of the pc's most important parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom