MSI K8N NEO2 PLATINUM vs. AMD A8V Deluxe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MSI.

ASUS's quality has gone down in recent years IMO, not that they dont make decent boards and like they'll just not work EVER or anything like that, but if you run into any problems, tech support won't be there to help you unless you're fluent in taiwanese :D

God i hate it when you get people who cant speak english for tech support -.- But MSI all the way
Man it was horrible. My FX 5700 wouldn't work in the ASUS mobo I had. I contact them, this was roughly my response

"Video cards very powerful these days. You need new card. We suggest you return card, get new one

-ZYC
Taiwan"

I was like...wtf!?!

Got an MSI KT6V board, and bam FX5700 worked beautifully

The computers i build use ONLY MSI (Micro Star International) Motherboards with Nvidia chipsit's, most the machines i built useing the older K7n2 Delta-ILSR motherboard, only problem i had with any of the boards was either me acting dumb, or another part causing errors.

Just to let you know, even though i had my problems with the a8v, it's a great OC'er
oc32zo.jpg

EDIT: Image Size

DJ - Minus the fact you can't lock the AGP:pCI bus :) That means it's not really an OC'ing board.

I built a 64bit system for a guy using the MSI Neo2-Platinum. Had tons of BIOS options but I can't remember if you could lock the AGP:pCI BIOS or not.

MSI is a good stable board IMO. Not the most heavy duty for overclockers, but for normal users, you can't go wrong with em.

ABit and DFI = best OC'ing boards out there. The ABit AN8-Fatal1ty board though is way too much hype IMO. Last I checked Vcore could only go to 1.8v and the DIMM only to 2.8...psht what kind of 'gamers/OCers' board is that. Worthless! and about a $50 increase in price too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom