MSI K7T Pro2 and Athlon XP 1800++ ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmg4lktan

Baseband Member
Hi guys,

had been quite sometimes since i last visit this forums ... anyway, just have a quick question here, hope the experts can help ... :)

as i checked with the MSI's site ... they say that Athlon XP 1800++ is NOT SUPPORTED by the K7T Pro2 ... may i know what exactly does that means? will the processor run at lower speed or won't work at all? i'm using the processor with Abit KT7 currently, and it's running at 1150MHz as it is not fully supported by the motherboard ...

thanks in advance! ;)

thanks wayne ...

so ... are you sure that 100% it'll work? just want to make sure before i make my purchase ... don't want to buys something that won't work with my processor ... thanks ... and have a nice day! :)

well, im not 100% sure,
what i suggest is that you buy a Asus a7n8x, its new and is full featured, rather than getting that older motherboard. The a7n8x will let you upgrade to a barton 3200+ later. its well worth it.
Wayne

well, thanks for your suggestion ... but then i'm going to get that old board for my "old" pc ... not planning to upgrade ...

may get the Acer Ferrari 3400 ... but still will use my old Athlon ... i'm planning to change because the Abit KT7 i'm using currently don't have sound card built-in and the ISA sound card (ESS Tech) i get elsewhere isn't working ... so i'm looking to the MSI one ... can get it for about US$ 15-20 used ... is it better for me to get a cheap sound card instead? what should the budget be then?

if i get the Asus as you suggested ... would've stuck between SDRAM and DDR2 ... i still have a 128MB and 256MB SDRAM around and using it now with my Athlon+Abit board ... so that's why i chose MSI K7T Pro2 ...

any advice? Thanks ...

• Supports AMD® Athlon™/Duron™ Processors
• Supports 600MHz ~ 1.2GHz
Theres your Answer. It supports Athlons and Durons which Athlons are different from the XP, they were before the XP series so no that motherboard more than likely is not going to support that CPU at all as the BIOS probably won't recognize it.

thanks Nubius ... that's quite clear enough ... but should Abit KT7 support Athlon XP?

since the page stated only Athlon/Duron ... but i'm using it with my Athlon XP 1800++ after all (@ 1150MHz though) ... thanks and have a nice day ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom