MSI 6800GT Video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shibby

Baseband Member
Looking at buying a MSI NX6800GT-TD256 GF6800GT PCI-E video card. I'm just a little concerned as it is quite a bit cheaper than the other 6800GT's available. I can't find any problems with the MSI card, but am I missing anything?

I have seen MSI 6600GTs in action, and they seem to be really good. I think they are a bit less expensive than some of the others because they have a minimal heatsink and fan. So, if you arent planning on overclocking the vid card, then the MSI should be good for you.

Would be nice to o/c it, but I can buy another hs/fan if i plan to do that, no?

I was actually reading about how a bunch of cards that were sent out only utilized 12 pipes instead of the full 16, so I'm a little leary. The cards were replaced for consumers, but I am trying to find out if all currently available cards are okay.

I'm pretty excited about the MSI card, as it's about in line pricewise with a x800xl, but I'm pretty leary when one brand is so much cheaper than it's competitors (the other 6800GT's)

Check out the leadtek card. Believe Pizzahut got one, (member here not the company :p) and it has a massive freakin copper heatsink on it. That thing will OC without needing to swap fans.

IMO MSI is a decent quality card, haven't heard anything wrong with them at all, but like elbatrop said, the heatsink might be a little smaller.

EDIT: Also I don't know about the price, but eVGA is good quality, I got one and it's running Ultra specs 24/7 at startup and when water cooling comes I'm gonna crank it even more ;)

Hmmm, the price I'm looking at on the MSI is waaay cheaper than the competitors....money-wisem it's worth my while to get an aftermarket cooler down the road rather than a different brand with a better stock fan, so I'm thinking I'll stick with the MSI.

Thanks guys

Nubius said:
Check out the leadtek card. Believe Pizzahut got one, (member here not the company :p) and it has a massive freakin copper heatsink on it. That thing will OC without needing to swap fans.

As usual, Nubius is right :) I got the Leadtek 6800GT from newegg, and it is SWEET! The copper heatsink is huge, and from what I can tell, very effective. The card idles at about 54 C, and I just got through playing 'Counterstrike: Source' for about half an hour and it now reads 58 C. I know that's not a very long time, but it's still staying very cool. I had no installation issues at all either, so I would highly recommend the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom