msconfig prob no shutoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiden_nrl

In Runtime
Hey my system has been acting slow and buggy lately and will have lag spikes. I go into process (ctrl alt delete) And it is either Iexplorer or winup that is running winup can take up to 10% of my processor at times and iexplorer when it open up windows (when i do not tell it to.. i dont even use iexplorer i use firefox) it can take up to 5%. So since i dont even use iexplorer anymore i went to delete it but u cant becuase it is being used and u cant uninstall in the control panel. And for winup i go into msconfig and unclick it from startup programs. But sure enough it starts up with windows and i go into msconfig and it is checked to startup when windows starts again even though i disabled it. And if i end the process in the menu it will start back up 10 mins later same as Iexplorer. ANy help?!

Have you downloaded the Startup Control panel? Its a nice useful utility that shows you everything that starts up in your computer. You could try that. just go to download.cnet.com and type in 'Startup Control Panel' and you'll find it.

iexplorer is essential part of Windows. Basicly, it dictates how windows will look and act when used in the GUI. Uninstall or disable it and you have one powerful version of DOS.

iexplorer shouldnt be running without IE open. and winup is prolly a viruse or trojan or something.

scan your comp for virus's. if u dont have scanner, this is a good free one.. http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_index.php
(note- u might wont to scan your comp in safe mode cause if the proccess is in use, sometimes the scanner cannot remove it)
[in msconfig/boot.ini ,just check the box with SafeBoot(that will need to be unchecked after your done with safe mode, or hold F10(i think) during boot]

after all virus's are gone, scan your comp with Spybo S&D. its a free spywere scanner... http://beam.to/spybotsd

(make shur u update both the Virus scanner and SpyBot, b4 using them)

after all that crap is removed, also check for critical windows update's.

since u use firefox, u prolly wont get any further adware, but u may already have some on your comp, theres a good adware scanner.... http://www.lavasoft.de/support/download/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
all the links to programs i posted are i think the best in there class. the only one i dont not for sertain is the AVG viruse scanner, i havnt needed to use it yet, but i believe that was the most recomended free scanner.

disable automatic updates. quantum, I think your talking about explorer.exe, he's talking about IExplorer.exe. make sure autoupdate and autocomplete (where it fills in your personal info) are disabled, because windows is monitoring for IE download/update.

iexplorer is essential part of Windows.

Yeah what killian said....pay attention...he said IEXPLORER not explorer.exe which would be the GUI Shell that you spoke of. I agree with disabling winupdates....same process kept hanging up on me....microsoft has royally screwed up their updates page and process.....losers

Check to see what processes are running on your system. If you don't know what some of them are, you can find out by clicking on Startup Applications List in my signature. It is a complete database with every process known to man. Explanations are also included.

Keep in mind that a lot of harmful processes disguise themselves by using the same name as others.

Keep in mind that a lot of harmful processes disguise themselves by using the same name as others.
Yeah I was about to say man..half the crap in my system lol says VIRUS!!! .....::eye shift:: ooooh body building.. You buff agex? If so....I HATE YOU! ::runs crying to snickerbar calling out name::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom