Movies on new LCD...help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xraider5

Baseband Member
Well I just got myself a beautiful new Samsung 710N. However, whenever I try to play any movies on this thing, they look so pixellated. They can be DVDs, divx, even just random clips i've downloaded off the internet. Does anyone have any ideas?

It's not the monitor...I tested it on another computer.

I uninstalled and updated my graphics drivers to the newest ones (I have a Geforce4 MX440...)

I've installed the monitor's drivers...

I've run Windows XP through an upgrade...

Has anyone ever run into a problem like this?

Check your display settings (again if done so already). Make sure your video card, monitor AND your dvd cabling are secured tight. Hmmm...if I'm not mistaken, I believe that your vid card is somewhat old? Perhaps it's age can't handle dvds too well.

BTW where did you find those last "quiet" items in your sig?

everything but the panaflo was bought at fry's...the other was bought at SVC...Silicon Valley Computing or something like that. They're local so i just went and picked it up

plzzz can anyone help with this monitor?

your not being very specific. are u only taking about DVD's and VCD's?

or are u talking about stuff u burned onto VCD to play in the drive?

and does this also happen to video's such as .dvix.avi files that run strait off your pc?

its not your vid card, im ona older one and can play DVDs fine.

i think it might have to do with your display settingss.. check wut hertz ur monitor is currently operating on :confused:

and yes, it is ANY VIDEO FILE I PLAY. it can be running off my pc. it can be a divx file. it can be a dvd i put in. everything has the same problem.

its a codec problem then perhaps.. if ur running win xp then i suggest getting the windows media player 9 update.. see if that helpss... or perhaps the refresh rate on ur lcd monitor is just that bad :confused: lol.. but ur model shud be at around 15 ms.. hmm wutta strange problem.. nething else that we shud know :confused:

EDIT: maybe ur directx version is incompatible with ur video card.. cuz i dont think that model supports dx9... maybe thats the problem :confused:

i actually have windows media player 10, but that doesn't matter because it happens on any video-playing program i use. also, my card DOES support directx 9...at least it says it does when i run the tests.

oye im so stupmed :sigh:.. do the dvds work fine on that monitor when you put it on another computer? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom