Movie to VCR

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm not that i know of but yeah maybe it is possible as you can plug it into the VCR but... WHAT!?!??!?! a VCR? that is so old and outdated that's back in early 90s which the last time i used a VCR was around late 90s... no wonder people are still using modems and people are still using stone axes back from stone age lol.

I have a very old TV at my other house, and I want to be able to umm...get...movies off my computer, put them onto video and watch them at my other house. Also, for this to work, my TV tuner card would need to broadcast the signal. I don't know if TVs can do that. I could do this the other way of course (VCR to comp.), but thats not what I want to do. So, there probably isn't a way is there? Also, do they still rent out video tapes at BlockBuster?

I'm not sure on this, but what you could probably try, is connecting the coaxial cable from the tuner card's RF port (if it's an output), to the VCR's RF in. And let the VCR record. The problem is that, the ports on TV tuner cards, are all in ports....because it's meant to record.

I think Blockbuster still rents VHS tapes, but very very few. But you should really buy a dvd player. They're super cheap now, and I've seen some for $30-50.

The easiest way would be to pick up a converter box ($20 bucks about) that will allow you too take the S-Video out + Audio Out from your pc and covert it to RCA which you will input to the VCR. Then, just hit record on the VCR and start playing the MPG. You might want to have an output from the VCR hooked up to a TV to make sure you are displaying what you want to record out to the VCR.

They're super cheap now, and I've seen some for $30-50.
I bought one for $.01 on eBay, with "Free Shipping", and that was over two years ago. Granted, I guess it was a bit odd/lucky, but he came through and I had the player within a week. ;)

BlueHeaven's idea sounds the easiest and I bet you can get the adapter for a bit cheaper. :)

Is there a way, using my Tv tuner Card, to record an mpg to a video cassette? My TV Card has an RF port and an S-Video port. The VCR I have access to has RCA ports on it and an RF in and an RF out.

Ever hear of a portable dvd player w/7" screen. Less than $80 now days.

Well, thanks for everyone's help but lets assume I can't buy anything. So, If I got the idea right, I would convert my S-Video out into a regular video in?
If that is the case, can a VCR record off an RCA input?

Well, thanks for everyone's help but lets assume I can't buy anything. So, If I got the idea right, I would convert my S-Video out into a regular video in?
If that is the case, can a VCR record off an RCA input?

Yes it can.

Alright, thanks heaps for your help everyone. The thing I like about this site is that you get responses so quickly and all the replies I have gotten have been helpful.

EDIT: What format does a video file have to be in to go on a cassette tape?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom