Mouse skipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabetic

Daemon Poster
Hey all, just bought a new mouse (Logitech Ultra-X Optical Mouse) for around $22ish (£15) and am experiencing it 'skipping around' when I use it on either my desk or my mouse-pad. In my annoyance at this i put the mouse on my jeans and started moving it around, strangely it worked flawlessly. So, I took my t-shirt off and put it on my desk, then placed the mouse on top of it and have been using it that way for the past hour or two. What I'm wondering is why the hell it won't run properly on my desk or mouse-mat, and is there some way to 'configure' it to skip less when on those surfaces? And is the problem caused by the glossy surfaces reflecting the laser back in a wierd way?

Sorry for my n00bish questions, its just that I've shied away from optical for a long time......

that is strange! ahhh.... u can check the mouse sensitivity options in control panel, i would usually clean my mouse in the inside to get get rid of dust but since it is a new mouse not sure if it will have dust now.

I have that happen as well with my mouse on a glossy black surface. I use it on a wood trimmed portion of my desk, and it works fine.

Optical mice seem to function better when they are used on some kind of surface that has a pattern or texture. I bet if you got a mouse pad that had some kind of complex image on it, you wouldnt have any more problems.

Right, will do, using a T-shirt has worked quite well so far though, lol, even when gaming.

Yeah you need a new mousing surface, I thought Mr Gamer L33T would have a l33t mouse and mousepad...

Anyways, I can just picture some guy with no shirt on using his t-shirt as a mousepad and it's funny

i have same problems but optic mouse seem to be more acurate.i dont use mousepad so cant say anythin about it.i have a wooden table and use only it. it works just well. in some games i have problems. your problem can be a software one. try tweaking mouse properties. rise motion spead there. i recently installed my microsoft mouse+keyboard dual's driver from disket,try something like this.

I have a friend that got a G5 and an Icemat, but the G5 wouldn't work on the Icemat. He called Logitech to see what the hell was going on, and they told him the G5 works best on a white piece of paper taped to your desk. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom