Mouse rate

Status
Not open for further replies.
003 said:
Oh FYI, afaik the windows default for a PS/2 mouse is 45hz, and it can go as high as 200-something. If USB has a limit, it has not been reached yet. The top of the line USB mice support up to 1000Hz, but it is possible to go higher (the limiting factor is the mice on USB, not USB itself).

The default is 100Hz; you can set it to 200Hz on the hardware panel.

i just have a cheap logitech using a usb to ps/2 adapter and i cant get past 105 an i got an average of 97

I got an average of about ~120 on an MX518, but after i used that program TheMajor posted, I get about ~1000, my highest was 1650 :confused:

But on 003's program, i can only get 1001 lol

This is weird. I tried just running the first program Major posted. It started out rather smoothly, i could see the numbers flashing by and the average was around 2000, but i kept going and the rate SUDDENLY dropped to ~150, and the average ended up at ~175. Peaked around 5300 though :D

After using the MouseRate switcher, i get only 249 or 250 with an average of 249.

Using 003's program, peaked at 263, with an average of 255.

i have a logitech mx400 laser mouse....and even with 003's tool, my rate never goes above 127Hz on USB. with PS/2 set at 200Hz it maxes at 143Hz.............. is it like this because it's laser??? maybe the program just isn't working for me.....

my old logitech (USB) mouse: 97Hz average.

Highest I got was 105Hz. It's not very accurate with my G5, jumps all over the place.

mouse overclocking, hey? :D

it was averaging 125, i set it at 250. is it wise to push it further? it is only a cheapy dell optical. (although i belive they are re-badged logitechs) i dont want to end up breaking it.

i havent gamed on it yet

EDIT: i think i may drop it back. i dont want to end up breaking my data stick or my usb wireless adaptor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom