Mouse Problem (first of many)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwiztedTwit

Baseband Member
Cant get to describing my other problems until this one is fixed.
My roommates mouse has a "working" icon (hourglass) that just wont go away. Im thinking something is still running in the background that its looking for, but dont know how to or where to go to see about that.
The mouse is still usable, but I have to click more than once on something with it, and it takes forever for me to get the mouse to the item, sometimes it will jerk in a different direction than Im leading it to, or just disappear off the screen for a few seconds then reappear.
This is just the beginning of numerous problems on the computer, but until I can get the mouse corrected to move around in his computer then I cant get info or try to do what hopefully will be advised to me.
Thanks in advance....

Well, the only reason the hourglass would be there (other than actually changing the mouse icon) would be because some process in the background is accessing the processor.

Look in your task manager for any programs that are using the CPU and end them. Then run a virus/spyware scan.

Processes Running

Thanks for the reply.... I had run spybot S & D prior and adaware, all looked good in them.
But this is where all the problems started. I had tried to clean up his startup list for him, also downloaded ie6 as he was on 5 and never checks his windows updates. He had lots in there to be downloaded. Well, the computer started being sluggish and all the windows colors changed also, so I reverted back to the prior ie version. But this is what is in the task manager when I look.

Explorer
Adaware
ypager
msnmsgr
reminder
loadqm
wkcalrem
systray
qwdlls (???????)
msgloop (???????)
msg32 (???????)
systools
systools
systools

damn if I know what those three things are.....
I know he has reminders and calendars up for things, and always has msn messenger up. But the last 6 items, I havent a clue what they are.

Virus found

Had the ronoper.b virus on the computer... All is taken care of now. Thanks for the response.

bla!! said:
Well, the only reason the hourglass would be there (other than actually changing the mouse icon) would be because some process in the background is accessing the processor.

TwiztedTwit said:
... But the last 6 items, I havent a clue what they are.

If u are not sure what some processes are, u can check them at:

http://sysinfo.org/bholist.php

There is information on EVERY process known to man. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom