mouse problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apokalipse

Golden Master
okay, I got me a basic Logitech mouse for $20 aus
when I installed the mouse using USB, it appeared to work fine. but every so-often, the mouse will jump to either the top left, or the bottom right of the screen.
so I tried using the USB to PS2 adapter, but it still happens
this is really annoying in games like counter-strke where I'm about to shoot someone, and then it suddernly jumps and I get killed.

has anyone heard of this happening before? and if so, what can I do to fix it?

sounds like a faulty mouse
you could always try it with a diffrent mouse pad cuz if it is IR they sumtimes mess up with certain pads

i have seen this at work
we have USB optical mice at work.
most of the time the problem is made worse by the highly reflective mouse pads distributed by Dell durring the last rollout. they reflected in 3 dif. directions causing the optical sensor to go nuts.

i have also seen this happen on glass desks. mostly the type of regular wooden desk with glass top so you can put pictures or documents under the glass top.

other than that i havn't figured out why some USB Optical mice do that same thing on a flat solid surface with like no reflection at all... could be perfect surface for optical mouse and these Dell optical usb mice will still jump from time to time.

let me know if you figure out why or how to fix it

Yeah, I had a mouse problem with IR once, when my mouse pad was not on a completley flat surface, my mouse would mess up, but wouldnt necessairley jump always to the top left screen. Sounds like faulty mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom