Mouse Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majj

Solid State Member
In setting up my new computer, I am having trouble "downgrading" my mouse software. From previous experience, I know that Intellipoint 5.0 is the only version that allows use of the wheel in my preferred version of WordPerfect (7). In the past, on other computers, I have simply downloaded 5.0 and installed it. On this new computer, I can download it but am not allowed to install it, getting the message that there is a new version running, with no option to replace. I don't want to go and unstall the wrong thing and be completely mouseless! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Majj

As far as Im familiar with, I never heared of where you have to install a mouse. I buy the plug and use one, you guys it then plug it up and your ready to go.

Im interested to know, what kind of computer did you buy?:eek:

I guess I mean install the software, not the mouse itself. I bought a Dell 9100.

Just backup your current driver, uninstall it, reboot, Windows will use a generic driver, then install the one you want.

I know from past computer transfers that this indeed works, but for the life of me I cannot delete the old drivers, and, of course, it won't install the new drivers/software until the old ones are gone. Each time I try, the hardware is detected and the new drivers automatically install. What in the world am I doing wrong??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom