Mouse on the fritz

Status
Not open for further replies.

meadows57

Beta member
We have a Microsoft Intellimouse optical that seems to be really screwed up. It has suddenly become extremely sensitive to the touch. Every time you tap the mouse it automatically doubleclicks or even triple or more. If you try to open an e-mail, it opens it, shuts it, reopens it, etc. You cannot close one window because it closes everything else too. This came up suddenly and, after researching Microsoft help menu, naturally couldn't find anything to explain it. Tried the advanced menus on the control panel for the mouse and still couldn't find anything. Any suggestions? Or is a new mouse our best option? Thanks.

Sounds like it died. Assuming it's not a setting problem. You may want to take it apart and clean it if you can, but I would go with a new mouse. Also, try installing the drivers again, might have gotten messed up.

i have the same mouse(its the explorer version though), so it could be your settings, see if you can get to control panel and adjust the settings of the mouse, and you could also do as was said above and reinstall the drivers.

We have a computer that's quite old (P3 500MHZ, 128MB Ram) and we just got an IntelliMouse Optical Explorer Plus blah blah blah for it, and it's not working very well, but when I connect it to my new computer it works fine. Wonder what it is??

The old computer is also running Windows 98 SE, which could have something to do with it. But I don't know, the new mice seem to work well with the newer computers only.

try loading it as a plug and play mouse .Also if its wireless check/replace your battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom