Motorola isa modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tzzoug

Solid State Member
im having SOO much trouble getting this motorola modem to get to work properly..
its a Motorola win5602 modem line interface card (62099-51)
i don't know if many people have had this same problem, but its HELL installing this thing.. im running win 98
so if anyone has had this problem, or knows how to get it to work.. i downloaded a couple drivers, which im at 80% confident are the right ones.. (www.driverguide.com --> win5602... also the ISA-BUILD671)
thx

i hate computers, i reformat(what i had done RIGHT b4 installing it for the first time...) and reinstall 98, and wat do you think happened.. it worked with the SAME drivers i was trying b4
sorry for taking up your time... i hate computers.. (but i still end up working with em all day, lol)
thx again for ur time MicroBell
ttyl
Ciao

What's the exact trouble your having with the modem?

Have you checked in Device Manager for any IRQ conflicts?

It's quite common for ISA modems to have jumpers on the actual card that be set to select the relevant IRQ. May want to try this if you have a conflict.

well, as odd as it might seem, there are no jumpers on the modem
but maybe i shouldve specified this earlier on, it doesn't use the complete isa slot.. its like half of it.. it uses only the first section of the slot (since its split into 2)

Have you queried the modem in it's properties to see if you get a reply?.

Are you getting a no dial tone message etc.. when trying to connect to the Internet? Is this the actual problem?

exactly, i wasen't able to query it, so i reinstalled windows 98, and it suddenly worked, with the smae drivers...
its wierd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom