Motherboards not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saintnick

Solid State Member
hi all
im building a couple of pcs but when all the connecting has been done and checked,i power up for the first time,no beeps ! motherboard fan is running but i get nothing on the monitor its a s if the board is dead but ive tried it with three differnt boards and its the same problem,can anyone assist!!!
many thnks in advance.

Nick

cheers for that,i tried cleaning the contacts,no joy,its weird but if i take out the IDE cable for the cd roms the cpu fan stays on ,with it connected it stops,there is a green LED on the board which is on, and the hard disk is running but nothing on the monitor.Im confused!!

I'm confused about what is going on. I'd say you have bad RAM, which is what I think Kadahaf was getting at maybe?

Well if the cpu fan stops in ANY case that isn't a good thing. There might be a conflict, but if you have run the computer and the cpu fan doesn't run, the cpu may be shot.

well...RAM is a type of memory. I knew what you meant.

Saintnick, another thing would be to check and make sure you have everything connected properly. When I first got the parts to build my new computer, I thought I hooked everything up fine. When I turned on the computer, I was getting a beep like something was wrong with the video card. The only help I could get was the card company telling me it is a faulty motherboard slot, and the motherboard company telling me it was a faulty graphics card. Anyway, to make the story short, it ended up being a mistake in the connections. I guess I plugged the front side USB port into the wrong spot and that screwed everything up. Just check and make sure you have things connected properly, and if you aren't sure, don't connect something like the front side USB until you get everything else working right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom