motherboards and built-in video cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

SigNinja

Baseband Member
my dad's computer has a K7SEM with built-in video. He's going to add a Ge-Force 2 MX400 64MB card. When we go into BIOS, there is no option to turn the on-board video off. Where would we go to turn it off and allow us to use the Ge-force?

Thanks

if youre running xp or 2k you shouldnt have to disable it, just put it in, plug in your monitor to it, install the drivers, then youre on your way, if you do have to disable it, just go under device manager->display adapters->find the old one and right click then go to uninstall, but like i said, you shouldnt have to in 2k or xp

The only reason I asked that is because we tried it with a Radeon 32MB a couple months ago, and it never gave us the picture, so I took the card out, and haven't screwed with it since.

I tried my Nvidia in it, and it worked. I think the last card went, but the fan was still going when I plugged it in. weird. Thanks for the help guys.

well, it could still be getting power but a chip on the board is bad or something small like that, if it is still getting power, the fan will still spin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom