motherboard types

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be as simple as a HDD problem, I dont see in your novel above where you tested the HDD. All you say is you get no OS. But you do get video and the ram check completes.I would see if you can boot off a boot disk. If you can get this far it would seem prob may lie else were. Find out what brand drive you have and download the diagnostics off of the manufacturers web site and boot from it and run it , it will tell you if your drive is bad. If you have checked the HDD, please disregard.

Thanks for the advice. I have tried it with 2 different hard drives, one of them was in my other old PC as a secondary hard drive and worked there. The other hard drive I hooked up to the same machine and also seemed fine, niether one has a OS on it. One is a 6GB bigfoot and the other is a 12GB bigfoot, I don't know how good the bigfoots were but got both of them cheap and look like new yet. I was considering putting the 12GB in the other PC as the primary HD and putting windows on it, I don't know if it would help any and the drivers would be all different, Then trying it back in the PC that don't work, I guess I could change drivers if it would ever get going. I almost forgot, I have tried to start it with the boot and 98 disk in it and still the same. The lights flash on then off for a second on the floppy and CD rom like the always do when you start a PC but won't read whats in them. TomW

Firstly .. u don't need any drivers for your hardrives ...

N' U need to change the boot sequence in the bios ..for the system to boot from the floppy drive ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom