Motherboard/RAM problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronado

Solid State Member
This is really pissing me off. First motherboard died, send it away to get warrantied, warranty void because there's a scratch. Buy new motherboard (refurbished) from Newegg, same motherboard and this one actually gives me power unlike the broken one. Problem is I get the constant long beep which is a problem with the RAM. These two sticks, Corsair XMS PC-3200 512MB DDR's worked fine on the other board and now they don't on this motherboard. I think I am going to throw this computer against the wall because it has been nothing but bad luck. Could the RAM all of a sudden just have been ruined for no apparent reason? I do not want to keep sending off this stuff to have the warranty void over something I did not do. The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-K8NSNXP. Do you guys think it's faulty RAM or motherboard?

Also, when I put in the two sticks, only one of the LED lights on one of the sticks lights up and stays constant. All the LED on the other one don't do anything.

Ronado said:
This is really pissing me off. First motherboard died, send it away to get warrantied, warranty void because there's a scratch. Buy new motherboard (refurbished) from Newegg, same motherboard and this one actually gives me power unlike the broken one. Problem is I get the constant long beep which is a problem with the RAM. These two sticks, Corsair XMS PC-3200 512MB DDR's worked fine on the other board and now they don't on this motherboard. I think I am going to throw this computer against the wall because it has been nothing but bad luck. Could the RAM all of a sudden just have been ruined for no apparent reason? I do not want to keep sending off this stuff to have the warranty void over something I did not do. The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-K8NSNXP. Do you guys think it's faulty RAM or motherboard?

Also, when I put in the two sticks, only one of the LED lights on one of the sticks lights up and stays constant. All the LED on the other one don't do anything.

I'm not really sure where to go with this one, but I'll bump it so other people can offer they're input.

Try the ram in a differenet system.

What BIOS do you have? As looking on a picture on google, I think I can make out it is a Pheonix Award, which my motherboard has, and one long beep means that my GPU 12v power is not plugged in. But your motherboard has dual BIOS chips (stupid idea...)

take it to the local computer store and have them fix it it will release u of all ur headaches

^^ wheres the fun in that? There is no stress, but I will never pay someone else to test out every part, when I can do it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom