Motherboard questions and woes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Person

Baseband Member
Well, being stupid, I recently bought Radeon 9600 PRO card, thinking that my motherboard supports AGP8X. Well to my astonishment, it doesnt :beard:.
Now, all I want to change is the motherboard. What do I need to look to determine if my current components will be compatibile with it? If im not mistaken my memory type is PC2700 DDR.
Is installing a motherboard hard? Is it risky. Will the FSB affect anything if my current one is 533 and on the new one it is 800? Will my processor work? (P4 2.4Ghz)
Thanks very much and till the next time!

hello the person
installing a new motherboard can be tough, take your time do'nt rush. the fsb of your processor will stay at 533 even though the fsb of the motherboard is 800.pc 2700 runs at 333 mh/z one way to gain more bandwidth is to enable dual channel memory if the motherboard supports it. as long as both ram modules are identical place each one on a seperate channel (should be different coloured) placing all memory in each channel would defeat the purpose

p:s under no circumstances(in case you did'nt know)
when changing boards do not touch the bios with any sort of screwdriver-bad news

Thanks :) The one Im looking at now (to buy) does support dual channel memory, so thats good.

The case was that I didn't know, I don't even know which part is the bios :beard: , so thanks for the tip!

the bios is a small rectangular block it may say award or phoenix on it, i knew where it was and not to touch it with a screwdriver
well guess what i touched it with a magnetic screwdriver, 6 months old k7 wrecked i had to buy a new mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom