Motherboard question

Status
Not open for further replies.

hewhohasissues

In Runtime
I'm looking for a new board and I'm wondering which is best oh and the fact I don't know too much about hardware and such.

So with a new motherboard can I pop out my P4 3.00ghz HT, soundcard, graphics card, ram put em on the board?

If it helps I'll pretty much be using it for gaming.

OK, your CPU and sound card are no problem.

But what graphics card (AGP or PCI-e or PCI) do you have?

What RAM do you have (DDR or DDR2, PC????)?

Post these and we'll see what we can find.

I doubt that you could tell the difference, but having more RAm does help, period.

I am assuming that your CPU is a socket 478 instead of the newer LGA775. You may want to check your documentation to be sure, however.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-131-484&depa=0

* Four dual-channel memory slots, holds up to 4GB.

* 8 USB ports (4 rear)

* 6 channel audio

* Gigabit ethernet

* Serial ATA w/Raid

I am sure that there are better, and that many will be quick to recommend them. NewEgg has all kinds, so ordering is no sweat.

Sweet I was looking at that board before I posted I dunno about the CPU though :s

Is this really the best motherboard? There's like another few ASUS motherboards starting with P4P800 and on their site there's a P5P800

Also the case I've got has like 100 leads for fans, temperature, USBs at the front... Will they have a space on the motherboard?

Here's the board I'm interested in:

Board

This is the one we discussed yeah? And is it fairly new cause it'll suck if a Asus release a new one within a month.

This is the case I've got:

Case

The board I got in my dell wasn't compatible and in the process of taking everything apart, putting it together and all that some pins on my motherboard got broke but Dell didn't ask questions and gave me a free motherboard.

So can I just pop out my processor and that radiator thing easily and put it on the board? Cause Dell have given me enough free stuff this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom