Motherboard Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alazar

Solid State Member
Well, I've put together my computer, but my motherboard seems to not want to use Dual Channel.

The motherboard is:
DFI "LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D"

And the RAM is:
Corsair Value Select (Dual Pack) 512MBx2

Anyways, the problem is whenever I put it (the RAM) in the corresponding slots that should "enable" dual channel, the computer does not boot, or locks up at a certain point (I cannot check the point right now being at school). I sent Newegg an e-mail identifying the problem around a week ago and no response so far, I plan on writting again but I'm posting here as well to see if there is any "remedy" so to speak.

The RAM works fine in Single Channel (slots..1&2 I believe), it's just whenever I have it in dual channel or one stick in channel 3 (not sure if it's possible for it to boot this way, I don't think anything happened) or in slots 2&4 for Dual Channel that it doesn't work.

Any suggestions? Or is it just a fault motherboard?

Thanks.

It is probably a fault, as the sticks are supposed to work either in slots 1 and 3 or 2 and 4 to run in dual channel.

Yeah, check your manual; probably a jumper setting. Also, sometimes Dual Channel has to be enabled in the BIOS.

Did you also check to see if your MB even supports Dual?

DFI HATES value ram

the only option to do get non-value ram because value ram sucks and dfi HATES value ram

the ram to avoid at all costs is the kingston value ram and the corsair value ram

and don't try to boot up any more; if you do, you might corrupt your hard drive

As I stated it works fine in single channel.

And, I've checked the jumpers, there aren't that many and they are all in the correct place. As for enabling it in the BIOS, I somewhat looked for an option, but didn't see one.

However, in single channel at every bootup it says something along the lines of "You have 2 sticks of RAM in single channel that are compatable for dual channel. To enable this place them in the 2&4 slots. Press F1 to continue boot up."

Nothing close to the exact quote, but that's the jest of the message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom