Motherboard Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

myst711

Baseband Member
Well I had a computer with basic Biostar m7vik motherboard, amd athlon 1900+ and nothing else. On board everything but video. I bought a shuttle that i've been using so when I went to the closet and took out the other PC to hook up today I realised i didn't have onboard video (i sold my old crappy agp card), so i bought a cheap radeon 7000 and installled it and tried to boot up.

Nothing happens but a continuous beep from the mobo and an error message saying Drive A Media error, and something else about a floppy. That would have been helpful if i had a floppy drive hooked up to the computer. I've tried swapping ide cables with the hdds, cd roms, making sure everything has adequate power, can't find anything to solve the problem. The funny thing is is that i dont get an error message everytime. Sometimes the motherboard appears to boot fine, other times i get this funky error message. I disconnected all the ide cables eliminating those as being the problem. I can't figure out what this error message along with a continuous beep means. I think i eliminated the new vid card being the problem by taking it out of the comp and booting, i get the same continuous beep. I'm hoping that it isn't the proc or a glitch in the mobo. If anyone knows what that error message means plz respond it would help greatly

errr thats a bit funky there. What kind of msgs is showing up? getting the gist of what the computer says is wrong heslps me out in helping you... Pm me a couple of the msgs and i'll try to help out...

You could go into bios and disable floppy drive seek on startup.Also mabey set your bios to default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom