Motherboard Monitor5 Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

jolancer

Daemon Poster
Some of you may know, that MBM5 can read SMART enabled HDD temperatures. This option is not on by Default because it does have bugs.

But it worked perfectly for me.. untill i Downloaded WesternDigitals Data Life Gaurd tools, and when i ran it. It couldnt detect any SMART settings, or it said it was Disabled. I right away figured it was MBM5 causing the conflict... so i shutdown MBM5 temporarily and WDlg Tools could now read SMART settings fine.

So if you enabled Temperature monitoring of your HDD in MBM5, it maybe blocking neccessary system or programs from accessing the SMART settings, so it may not allert you as its sapost to if a disk problem is detected threw the SMART system.

I dont know if it causes anyconflicts with the system or bios from accessing SMART, but i do now it conflicts when WDlgTOOLS trys to access SMART... so i guess the possiblity is there. I was using a Western Digital drive, perhaps MBM5 doesnt conflict with different kinds of drives, but i wouldnt know.

So i just disabled the HDD temp readings in this case. If you dont use HDD temps or you didnt enable it, dont worry about it.

Just mentioning though incase others have found MBM5 to convienently read there HDD Temp, but may not know of this possible problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom