Motherboard Manufacturers with Good Tech Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodNews101

In Runtime
Okay, I am not sure where this should go so I rolled the dice and decided to post this here. If I am wrong I apologize ahead of time. Is there any way that I can find out whether or not a motherboard manufacturer (or a hardware manufacturer) has good technical/customer support? I know there are positive and negative issues for all companies but some fair considerably better than others.

For example, I was considering purchasing an Abit AN8-Ultra motherboard. I am NOT bashing Abit! They make some great mobos. But I have read enough over many sites that Abit's technical/customer support has much to be desired. How does one go about finding the real story about any company's reputation in this all important area?

An interesting question, and one that is difficult to answer without first hand experience with the specific manufacturer...I agree that most reviews leave out this important factor when buying a board...the easiest way to try and find someone with experience with the companies tech support I guess

The only two manufacturers I know of with particularily good/bad tech support are AsusTek and DFI. If you call Asus tech support you'll most likely end up talking with someone who has trouble speaking english

DFI has a fabulous support forum at dfi-street.com in which they have hired a dedicated board tester and tweaker...the admin angrygames over there gets all of DFIs boards and tests and tweaks them out and reports any bugs to DFI for them to fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom