Motherboard Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazeboy84

Baseband Member
I just bought a new custom pc. And my friend told me today that my motherboard will slow down my overall performance for my computer because it isn't that good. And told me i should of got the Asus K8N E Deluxe. My question is... 1)will my mtherboard really slow down the performance?
2) Will more memory make my computer run more smoothly
3)can I upgrade my videocard to a x800xt AGP when it becomes cheaper... or perhaps even a better AGP cards?

These are my components
Asus K8N (5PCI) Nvidia NF3 [S754]
AMD 64 3400 [754]
Ati 9600xt 256mb
(1)Maxtor 120gb 8mb ... IM gonna upgrade this soon
Kingston dual 512

The motherboard won't slow down your performance, but it does have limited features. The Deluxe model has more features. Secondly, you should've gone with Socket 939 for future upgradability. There won't anymore Socket 754 processors past the 3700+. I'd say, if you add 512MB more depending on the speed, then it will run better. You can upgrade the card to any AGP card right now. Overall, a very nice system.

Megadeth2 said it all...
not a bad system, although get rid of the Maxtor drive ASAP... just my opinion but they are made cheaper than most, and are prone to physical failure. unless you want to lose everything, i'd go forth with that upgrade soon.
nice system! you should enjoy that, and honestly with the limitations of that mobo, it won't hurt that it's socket 754... you wouldn't want to upgrade the cpu on that board later, as it would be worth upgrading for many reasons as future 939 chips will bring more quick advances in mobo hardware and abilities... just a thought to consider.

all in all, congrats on the new rig, you should be very happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom