Motherboard & HDD Size Limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

brinks

Daemon Poster
My friend has an AOpen MX6B EZ motherboard and is planning to get a bigger hard drive, but the specs... limits his size. He wants a 200GB HDD.

MotherBoard Specs...
# Integrated DMA33 Controller
# Max Disk : 137GB [28 bits ATA Spec.]

I was wondering if there is anyway for a bigger hard drive to work with this motherboard. Not sure if updating the bios will make any difference.

maybe he should not get a new HD and just save up a little bit more and he could prolly put together a nice budget system, there cheap nowadays.

maybe he should not get a new HD and just save up a little bit more and he could prolly put together a nice budget system, there cheap nowadays.

Agreed....the board says what it says...I highly doubt the BIOS will have any effect on the max it can take but I suppose it is something to try, but they put that info in there for a reason. I would agree with jolancer...he should look into just upgrading his system specs.

Thanks for the help everyone, atleast now there is a few options that my friend can choose from now.

wonder how well that controller actually performs

Supports Windows 95, 98, NT 4.0, 2000 and Linux
no winXP?

and it says 'supports drives larger than 30mb' well then whats the MAX it supports? Not a bad little device though.....maybe I'll start throwin in a couple more HD's :p

Also remember, Windows XP does not support any drives over 137 GB unless it has SP1 or SP 2 installed. This might be tricky since most of the time the install is WITHOUT a service pack installed... :)

Also remember, Windows XP does not support any drives over 137 GB unless it has SP1 or SP 2 installed. This might be tricky since most of the time the install is WITHOUT a service pack installed...
lol good point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom