Motherboard/Fan Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
I seem to have accidently attached my CPU Fan to the Fan1 PWR on my motherboard, instead of the actual CPU Fan attachment. Would this cause any type of damage? I basically had the two fans reversed since I do have a large exhaust fan running off the motherboard as well.

I doubt it caused a problem for a short time frame run. The purpose of the fan being plugged into the correct spot is to control its rpm for cooling. So if the pc core and heat sink became hot and needed additional cool air it would not receive it as the monitor control plug would be in the wrong place refering to your situation.
Download the Intel active monitor software, it will display the temperature and voltage readings for your board.
Hope this helps out.

Thanks, I only had the attachments swapped for about a week. I'll check out the Intel monitoring software, I've been leaving my PC on all the time and even after some heavy game sessions the hottest I have seen it is 130 degrees fahrenheit. It seems to be running 5-10 degrees cooler now that I setup it up correct :/

your sys will be alright.....get this, plugged into the cpu plug is an 80mm case fan, my actual cpu fan which is a 120mm fan is plugged into a molex connecter......so, where the fan is located is not gonna cause any probs, as long as there is something plugged into that cpu fan plug.

If your mobo has a case temp sencor it might have that fan spin slower because its not as hot as the cpu, so it might cause a problem if your mobo monitors and changes the rpm. I know with mine, when i take off the side pannel the case and power rpms drop 500+, and the cpu slowly over time. It cant hurt to change it correctly or take too much time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom