Motherboard failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_Cyber

Baseband Member
OK my system has worked well and error free for about a year now. Today I rebooted my system and it would not post. I shut it down to let it cool and the same thing... all I get is the Biostar splash screen and nothing else. I cannot access the BIOS not can I boot from a CD. To narrow down the possible problems I did the following:

1. Removed all non esential cards - problem still exists.
2. Tested HDD in another system - it worked fine
3. Tested RAM in another system - it worked fine.
4. Unable to test CPU as it is AMD and my other system is Intel.
5. Replaced HDD and RAM in system - problem still exists.

All cards and memory are securely in place and I inspected motherboard and it looked fine.

Any suggestions on how to narrow the problem down further. I believe it is the motherboard but but want to be sure before I order a new one. I am pretty sure it is not a CPU issue as the system would not be able to boot (in all likelyhood) if it was.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Could be the power supply... could be the power in the motherboard. Does it give you a beep code at all?

The PS is fine....(forgot to mention)... I replaced the PS with a new 550watt ATX PS about a month ago. And there are no error codes ; just a single beep as usual.

Its a Biostar M7VIW-D.

I was able to put the CPU (Duron 1Ghz) into another system and it would not boot....this tells me the CPU is shot. So I put another CPU Duron 750 into the Biostar board and now it will boot but no signal to the monitors. This tells me that it is probably the motherboard and it fried the CPU or visa versa.

So this is as good a time as any to upgrade my system so I ordered a Sempron 2800 (754 pin) CPU and an Asus K8N - ASUS SOCKET 754 NVIDIA NFORCE3250GB,5PCI, 3DDR SATA Mobo. This'll keep me going for a bit. It will also accept Athlon 64 and RAID 0.

All for under $200 CAD

Ha Ha very funny. Its the AXIA chip ocd to 1150Mhz. Works for what I need it to do....file server for my company LAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom