motherboard? - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 06:18 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Pavlyk

Quote:
Originally posted by Nubius
Well your computer is old as sh!t so does it really surprise you that you don't have the same options as others? CPU-Z offers information on the CPU, RAM, By SPD information for the RAM, Mainboard information, BIOS Model, stuff like that.

Yeah you were only suggested a few programs as it is and haven't seen you respond whether you've tried them so don't respond back like you're pissed off like we didn't offer you any suggestions.
No I am not pissed off, In fact I tried the programs they work great, I'm satisfied, but I still have some questions I need clarification on, that's all:beard:

Old 11-19-2004, 06:19 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
If you're running the Athlon 3000+ then you've got a Socket A motherboard also known as Socket 462 because that's how many pins it has.
Thank you this is exactly what I was asking for!!

Old 11-19-2004, 06:21 PM   #23 (permalink)
PowerQuest / Opera

I don't know about the HD cooler. Probably just put them in a 5,25"drive bay and connect them to the PSU using a regular molex. Maybe Nubius knows this?
Old 11-19-2004, 06:23 PM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

Lol, I am not very good at hardware assembling. I need pictures to understand what you are talking about. I mean I know the PSU but have no idea how to connect the cooler to the PSU using a 'molex'. Please help.
Old 11-19-2004, 06:24 PM   #25 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Quote:
No I am not pissed off, In fact I tried the programs they work great, I'm satisfied, but I still have some questions I need clarification on, that's all
No problem man, you just hadn't responded and we had given you a couple suggestions so it seems we were all unsure.. No harm done

Quote:
Thank you this is exactly what I was asking for!!
lol glad I could help, shoulda just said you wanted to know what socket you had, although it also good to be aware of these programs because they hold a lot of info.

Quote:
I don't know about the HD cooler. Probably just put them in a 5,25"drive bay and connect them to the PSU using a regular molex. Maybe Nubius knows this?
I really haven't looked into HD coolers, so I have no idea how they are supposed to be put in. It seems like it's one of those things like RAM Heatspreaders where they really aren't needed (although don't get me wrong HD's do get really hot) I guess it's mainly for the fact to keep your ambient air in the system down, but for the most part I've never seen a HD that NEEDED to be cooled.

Got a picture of the HD Cooler you got or want to buy?
Old 11-19-2004, 06:25 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
connect the cooler to the PSU using a 'molex'.
Nah you know more than you think, you just haven't become familiar with the terms.. The Molex connector is simply the 4pin power connector that you plug into your hard drives, cd-rom drives, etc..etc... "Molex connector' is just what its called also known as ..(which is my favorite term) a "Power Dongle" lol.......bet my power dongle is bigger than yours
Old 11-19-2004, 06:27 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned

This is what I am talking about:

Old 11-19-2004, 06:29 PM   #28 (permalink)
PowerQuest / Opera

Quote:
.......bet my power dongle is bigger than yours
LOL Nubius

Old 11-19-2004, 06:31 PM   #29 (permalink)

yeah, looks like it simply fits ontop of your HD, and then you simply plug in that power connector coming off of it....since you can't exactly screw the thing ontop of the HD, I'd assume that it has ledges or notches on it that kind of 'grab' the HD, know what I mean?

Don't suppose you have a manufacturer link Pav?
Old 11-19-2004, 06:34 PM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...4351&CatId=495 this is it

Closed Thread