Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

dafydd_brown

Baseband Member
I was wondering if anyone could help me find out what motherboard I've got. The PC I bought was a display model (so it was cheaper) and the monkeys I bought it from gave me virtually no information or literature with it.
I desperately need to upgrade but money is an issue and so if I can get away with buying only RAM, a new processor and a new graphics card it would be helpful. This being the case, I need to check how compatible my motherboard is likely to be with any purchases...
Is there a way of making Windows (XP home) tell me what motherboard I have? or am I gonna have to try and read things off the board itself?
I managed to completely miss all this talk of DDR etc... so I'm way behind with all this new terminology but this is essentially the first thing i'm gonna upgrade.
Thanks for any help!

Click:

Start > Run...
Enter 'dxdiag' and then click 'OK'.

In the dialog that comes up, your system information will be displayed. Your motherboard should be shown next to 'System Manufacturer', and/or 'System Model'.

TMT. :cool:

My motherboard type is listed incorrectly when using dxdiag. I have an Intel motherboard.

I got an asus and mine works great so far. Several people on these forums suggest Asus over others.

Yeah I've run the DxDiag and it just tells me it's Compaq... which i kinda already knew! I did however stop being lazy enough and take a look at the motherboard anyway. It says 'UWave2' and a load of numbers which i'm assuming are serial numbers or something. I'm not really any the wiser cos i couldn't find anything to do with UWave2 mobos. Unless it's Compaq anyway...
Like I said... I know very little... I'll probably just buy a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom