More ram better???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan666

In Runtime
Ok, so far i have 2 256 pc2700 ram, i am planning to buy a 512 pc2700 so i can play my games more smooth but my friend says it wont make a difference. I thought having more ram would make your comp faster and you can play your games much better. Is he right or wrong???:confused:

You don't need more ram if you're a gamer. 1GB is enough, 512MB is too low. If you use taxing software, like video editing, etc., you would want to get more memory.

512mb is pretty decent for gaming, 1gb will basically smooth out any lag spots you might have had where the games gotta load textures and crap...and of course load levels faster....you will notice a difference as I did when I went from 512mb to 1mb

sorry man but i count 1024mb. 2*256=512 + 512=1024
anyway the point about RAM that always comes up is people seem to believe that the only thing that makes a computer fast is the CPU speed and the QUANTITY of RAM. but what also matters (aside from other things) is the speed of the RAM itself. perhaps this is what your friend was referring to.

It's probably because he only has two slots...so he's going to be replacing 1 of the 256 sticks with the 512mb hence 768mb total.

true, stupid me didn't think of that. now i suppose this isn't the place to post this but it just happened while i was typing and i dunno wtf is goin on. a short clip of the song "get low" started and kept repeatin i've checked all of what i was browsing and can't find what it was but i dont even have the song on my comp

lol i found it....its a guys avatar

What kind of graphics card do you have? You may want to upgrade that first if your card is slow. That could have a much larger impact on your games.

yea im replacing my 256 with a 512 but i think your right nitestick, i do have a junk cpu and i gotta get a new one, thnx for the help guys =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom