More "Pentium" coming to a white box near you? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm...... Well, isnt that something?

I dont think Intel could have found a better way to drive off their die hard customers and fan boys...

Interesting, I have a feeling IBM's recent moves towards developing the cell processor(s) and gathering other big names in order to do it may be forcing Apple to look elsewhere for a CPU maker.I know IBM isnt abandoning the PPC chip market, and IBM ran into same issues Intel ran into with clock speeds only moreso cause of the RISC architecture they use.I really dont think Apple can compete using anything but proprietary equipment, and they better realize that.They switch to commodity hardware like x86 and it would mean doom for Apple, only thing holding Apple together right now is ipod sales.

You already said it. Intel, those rich bastards. Rich being the key word...

desiboi said:
Intel, those rich bastards. And they didn't choose AMD because...?

Because intel offers people discounts for exclusivly using their processors.. Intel approached the shop i work for a couple years ago and said they'd give us xx% off if we took AMD off our website and only used intel.. The owner laughed in their faces and hung up the phone.

This is the reason that intel cant sell any processors in japan for 3 months.. They're a bunch of thugs... much like bill gates =)

Thats right, I remember reading about how Intel tried that in Japan and it absolutely blew up in their faces! Like you said, they are the equivalent of Microsoft when it comes to Hardware.

Like Bill Gates on the Simpsons:
"I cant quite figure out what compuglobalhypermeganet does, if anything, so rather than compete with you, I will just buy you out"

(Bill Gates to thugs) "Ok, buy him out boys"

(Thugs commence trashing of Homer's house)

Lol, i was thinking about that when i wrote the previous post.. Any idea what episode # it was?

Episode 5F11, Season 9

"Das Bus"

---
From TVTome.com:

Bart and Lisa are in a United Nations club, with each kid representing a country. The kids go on a field trip, but there is an accident and Otto drives the bus off a bridge into the water. The bus drifts out to sea, and Otto abandons ship. Chinese fishermen soon pick him up and make him their slave. Meanwhile the children and the bus wash up onto a deserted island. Bart is full of ideas on how they should live, but none of them work very well. They find the food that was onboard the bus and it is their only sustenance. Soon afterward it is gone and everyone is hungry, and Milhouse is accused. They have a trial in which Bart is the judge, but Milhouse is found not guilty by lack of evidence. The rest of them riot at the verdict and chase Bart, Lisa, and Milhouse into a cave, where they find the true culprit, a hog. The kids (besides Lisa) slaughter it and have themselves a nice meal. Who will save them? Let's say Moe. While all of this is going on, Homer finds out that Flanders has an Internet company. Homer sets up a business on the Internet, after all, if Flanders can, why can't he? His new business piques the interest of Bill Gates who comes to the house to put him out of business.

My Simpsons knowledge is unmatched. Except by one, and he is my good friend, so, inherently, my knowledge is unmatched by anyone but him. If I dont know it, he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom