More hard drive problems!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT2DFW

Solid State Member
Hey all,

I think i may have another bad hard drive.
When I boot up using that hard drive, it takes me to the Windows XP screen, then the next thing i see is an entirely black screen with the curser that i can move around, but everything else is black.
When i install my 8 gig drive and take out the 40, all is fine. XP Pro is on this 40 GB drive.
ive used chkdsk and fixboot in the recovery console, nothing. Any ideas? i need to save my data. Thanks for any help

ok, well it looks like an OS problem, So there is a few things i would do to save my data.

1: install a working OS that has the NTFS files sytem, and put it in as Master on the 8 gig , and then put in the 40 gig, as slave once boted, try to do a virus scan on the 40 gig for some sorta boot virus, if noen, GOTO step 2

2: if no virus is present, well put everything that is totally nessacary to back up, considerig u only got aobut 6-7 gigs free to back up whatever is on the 40 gig, onto the master 8 gig drive.

Then take out the 8 gig,m set the 40 back up as master, and then format and reinstall the OS and then see if it works

Hope that helps, Post back if it works or if it doesnt so i or anyone else can help.

:D Have a Great DAy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom