Monitors for environments with lots of vibration

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinexile

In Runtime
I have quite a few computers that are located in an environment where there is a lot of virbration and it seems that this quickly shortens the life of any monitor I put in there. I found that by putting the refresh rate very low does help for a time but after a while they all develop the "wave" and looking at the monitor for any length of time gives you a sense of vertigo.

Does anyone know of resonably priced monitors developed for this kind of environment or if not developed for, works well in?

Also any tips on reducing the damage caused by the virbrations would also be appriciated.

LCD might be an option but these computers are in a semi-public area (there are lots of workers/contractors that come and go, an lcd could easily disappear into a backpack)

if u dont wont to bolt and bracket down LCD's, did u try putting the monitors on something soft or rubbery or whatnot to try and dampen the vibration?

That's what I was thinking of trying next. Someone suggested Dynamat, which I know is used to help with virbrations from car stereos so seems like it might help here as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom