Every time I reboot my computer I get a non-responsive monitor that informs me that there is "No Signal". I can hear the 'puter booting up but no display. I can turn the monitor off and on, but no dice. I have tried two different monitors: a 19" BenQ and a 17" Compaq and the result is the same. I end up hard-booting the tower off and waiting a couple of hours and then, if I am lucky, it boots up normally.
Here is a list of things that I have done to try and fix it, thus far:
- I made sure that all power settings are set to "always on" ie: Hibernate off, Standby off, etc.
- Updated videocard and monitor drivers
- Opened the tower and cleaned out with compressed air
- Visually inspected all fans, cables, connections, looked for bent port pins, etc.
- Ran AdAware and Spybot S&D
- Ran Anti-Virus (McAfee) and Trend Micro HouseCall (Online)
The fact that I lose signal with two different monitors makes me think it's not a monitor issue. You might be thinking that the videocard is overheating, but I have three case fans, an intake on the front and two exhaust fans at the back. I run SpeedFan 4.21 and all my fan speeds and temps are normal.
I have another videocard (MSI RX-9200) that I will try out as a last resort, but if anyone can suggest a fix for this problem, I would welcome any and all advice.
AMD Athlon XP 2800+ Barton 2083 Mhz
Asus A7N8X Deluxe 2.0
NVidia GeForce FX5200
Maxtor 80G HD
WinXP SP 2