Monitor Speakers and DVD Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmoore

Daemon Poster
In the near future I am going to be going off to college and needing a new machine, but in the mean time I would like to purchase a monitor, or tv, speakers, and a DVD player that can stand alone for the time being that I can use to watch movies, and play video games.

My First question is, is it better to by an LCD Monitor to be used as a monitor and a stand alone TV, or an LCD TV to be used as a Monitor and a stand alone TV.

Second, this is what I have been looking at purchasing, will this function correctly as a stand alone TV till I can build my new machine and will this be a good monitor? It seems like it has all the inputs I could ever imagine, and the speakers look like they have a build in decoder so they won't require a sound card to get good sound.

Monitor
Newegg.com - NEC Display Solutions ASLCD24WMCX-BK Black 24" 5ms HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor 400 cd/m2 1000:1 Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors

Speakers
Newegg.com - Logitech Z-5500 505 Watts 5.1 Speaker - Speakers

DVD player
Newegg.com - PHILIPS DVP5982/37 1080p HDMI DivX Ultra Upconversion DVD Player

I would get a LCD TV and a DVD player. While PC's are great. It is tough to sit there and watch a DVD on a 19" monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom