Monitor Shuts Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirtySixBelow

Daemon Poster
My monitor is randomly shutting off when i load windows. I start the computer and it works until i get to windows and then when the login screen should pop up then it just shuts off. It actually it turns off the monitor and the green light turns orange as if it was going into hibernation mode. It did it in the middle of dling my new graphics driver for the first time. But now of course i cant get in to unistall it. Any suggestions. :angry:

Boot into Safe-Mode
- If its XP, roll back the drivers. Else uninstall and use the drivers you had before... Especially if you had no problem to begin with

Thank you, that worked, but what do i do know, i have no display driver, i dont know if it was just a one time thing and i should try again... or is there anyway i can get an old driver back rather than the most recent one.

You may have the original CD that come with your graphic card that would of had the correct drivers for it.
If not try www.driverguide.com to find one that is older than the one that caused problems

If you had installed SP1 for XP, you should be able to let XP install the best driver for it. I'm not sure though, if that 9600 XT is newer... I would assume it to be fine though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom